Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 21, 2010

Polo's Escape

So last Friday I had a huge scare!! Polo got out from the backyard and it took me 10 VERY long minutes to find her. I had just gotten home from a friend's house and Polo needed to go outside (in the back). As soon as I opened the door she went flying out and ran straight over to this small hole at the bottom of our fence. I am assuming she saw something go through it...but I really don't want to think about what it was. Anyways, I yelled at her to stop and go potty. So she did and seemed like she just wanted to wander around. So I closed the door, put Brenley down for a nap, did a couple of things around the house and decided she needed to come back in. I yelled out the door, but she didn't come -- pretty normal, so I put some food in her bowl...I think she would be able to hear this from Canada and always comes running, but NOTHING! I thought this was strange so I went outside and started looking for her...NOTHING! I went back in, thinking maybe I had let her in not realizing it...but NOTHING! I went BACK outside to check again...and then started to panic!! I called Bobby and immediatly started crying saying "Polo is gone!". He told me he was on his way and we hung up. I decided to go back outside to search but this time around the corner behind our house. AND WHO DO YOU THINK I FOUND!?!? -- a little brown weenie dog sniffing around in our neighbor's yard!!! I called for her and started to walk toward her and she took off running (GRRR!), but luckily some people were getting out of their car and Polo can't resist people so she ran straight to them. The lady could tell I was trying to get her so she picked her up and held her until I could get there. Let's just say after she was in my possession, she got about 6 spankings! As soon as we got in the house, she ran straight for her bowl to eat the food that I had put in there earlier (darn it, she probably thought she was good or something) and then went and hid under my bed for 30 minutes! Oh and I called Bobby to tell him she was found! Whew, it really had me scared! Our only guess is that she got out through that hole she was sniffing at earlier. I think she broke some of the wood and made it bigger, but it was still really small, so she must have really sucked in!! The neighbor behind us only has a fence on 2 sides of his backyard, so once she got in his yard it was FREEDOM!

Sooo, later that night, Polo got a new necklace! And Daddy will be patching the hole soon!

Here she is hiding under our bed!! :)

No comments: