Friday, February 26, 2010
She is also eating really well and if you have seen her lately then you can tell - she never misses a meal. She could pack a gallon of milk in those cheeks! :) Her smile makes me fall more in love with her everyday and Nanna-D even got her to do her first giggle last weekend. (she has yet to do it again -- I guess I do not have the touch) :(
We also made another trip to Beaumont last week (this time with Daddy and Polo) and had a great time just hanging with my family. It went by way to fast though!
OHHH - and I officially resigned from my job last week! It was a very bittersweet time writing that letter because I love the people I have worked with for the last 6 years, but I am so excited to get to stay home with Brenley!! We have been enjoying our days at home and running around town. She is such a good girl and I am truly thankful that I can stay at home with her.
Bobby and Polo are doing well also. I think Polo is still a little confused as to why this little human is still in "her" house, but she will learn eventually! :)
I think that is it for now...I will leave you with a few sweet pictures! Happy Weekend everyone!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
"Mom, get me back inside, quick!"
Battle woundsHere are a few things Brenley is doing at 2 months...
- Sleeping 7-10 hours...yep, that is right. She actually slept 10 hours last night an she only woke up because I WOKE HER UP! I know, why would I wake her, well it is called breastfeeding and momma needed to do it. :) She is still in our room, but that is changing this weekend! I ususally feed her between 10-11pm and put her down and she wakes up between 6-8am...I am so proud...and rested!! :)
- Smiling like crazy! Mainly in the morning when she wakes up...could she be a morning person like her daddy?? She also smiles when Daddy gets home and at night just hanging out. I love when she smiles with her squinty eyes. :)
- Cooing and "talking"...we have some fun conversations!
- Eating 6-7 times in a 24 hour period -- about 4 oz at a time.
- Napping about 3-4 times a day. Some are long and others are cat naps.
Some days we love just staying at home and relaxing and other days we love getting out and seeing friends...oh and of course, she LOVES Target. :)
She is growing and changing everyday and I love spending my days with her.
Happy 2 Month Birthday, Brenley Bear!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
In mid-January, we took the five hour journey to Beaumont, just the two of us! Nana-D, G-Daddy and Uncle Kendal were anxious to see little bit and we had a great time just being spoiled! Let's just say I got a full night sleep and hardly changed one diaper while I was there! Here are just a few things we did while we were there...
- went to G-Daddy's work
- went to Nana-D's work
- went to Uncle Kendal's work
- went shopping at the mall
- met and had lunch with Nana Ds friends and met Moses (born just a week before Brenley)
- went to Houston to see Shara and her little man, Jude
- RELAXED and enjoyed our time with family
Bath at Nana-D and G-Daddys
We had a great time and can't wait to go back in just a few weeks!Then the next week, we got together with my friends Janae and Cara and their little girls. Cara's daughter, Berkley, is 3 weeks older than Brenley and Janae's daughter, Jae, is 2 weeks younger than Brenley. So they were all born within 5 weeks of eachother. We all became close during our pregnancies and now have fun sharing stories of motherhood. We all got together at Janae's and had a great time talking, asking questions and of course trying to take pictures of our 3 girls -- not an easy task, as you can see below! It was fun!
Berkley, Brenley and Jae
Our next visit was with my best friend since High school, Tandra, and her daughter, Rachel (16 months). They came and stayed with us one night and we had a great time catching up and she loved getting to meet Brenley! We also introduced them to Babe's Chicken -- YUM! It was so fun to watch Rachel walking around here and talking. Gave us a great look into the future of what Brenley will be like -- it will be so fun!