Sunday, September 11, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Here is a little recap of what we did this summer and few pictures too!
- We took THREE trips to Beaumont to visit my parents
- We celebrated my THIRTIETH birthday! I must say I am really enjoying being 30!
- I did a bootcamp for 6 weeks and LOVED it! Wish it was still going on. :)
- We went to Possum Kingdom lake with the Hubbarts and had a blast!
- We went to Lousiana to celebrate Kristy and Ryan's birthday! Overnight fun with no kiddos! :)
- We spent a lot of time with Aunt Serena - or should I say "Re Re" as Bren calls her. She hung with us on most Mondays and Fridays. It was nice to have the help and Bren loves her Aunt ReRe!!
- We celebrated two big birthday bashes for my dad - one in Dallas, one in Beaumont
- We hung out and played with my Nanny atleast once a week. Love seeing her and so does Bren!
- We spent many afternoons playing in her little blow up pool at the house! Anything to stay cool in the heat!
- We went to Hawaiian Falls weekly with our friends, Melissa, Tanna, Brooke and their kids. It was a fun group each week. Yay for season passes. (The pic below is actually when we went with Cara and Berkley)
- We had playdates with friends!
- We played and played and played!
- We hung out a lot with our friend Jae Beth. I kept her some this summer and Bren enjoyed having a friend at the house!
- We swam at Melissa's mom's house a couple of times with Tatum and Cade
- We enjoyed popsicles! Again, anything to keep us from dying in the heat!
This summer was a blast! - And to be honest we enjoyed spending many days at home just playing, napping and doing the daily things of life - but I would not trade it for anything!!
(we are now back in our routine of me teaching Preschool and Bren going to Preschool. I love being back, but who doesn't look forward to another summer?!?) :)