Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 27, 2010

May Happenings

Quite a bit has happened in the last couple of weeks! We have been busy! Well just a few days after my last post, Bobby was admitted to the hospital for a staph infections in his knee. This was quite a shocker to us, especially me, who did not believe him when he called to tell me he was on his way to the hospital. He started noticing a bite of some sort a few days before Mother's day. It kept getting worse (looking infected) so I adviced him to go to the doctor, but of course, being a man, he thought he was fine. Well luckily on Mother's day we ate with his mom and she adviced him to go the Dr as well and he listened to her...hmmm. :) So on Monday he went to the Dr. and he put him on an oral antibiotic. He took this for 2 days and went in for a follow up on Wednesday. The dr sent him straight over to the hospital because he stated that it looked worse and the medicine was not taking care of it. So long story short, he was in the hospital Wednesday - Friday morning. I was a crazy woman trying to wear the "wife hat" and the "mother hat". Brenley could not be at the hospital (which was 25 minutes away!), so I was finding people to keep her and nursing/pumping, and going home at night to stay with her. It was a whirlwind, but we made it through and it gave me a whole new appreciation for Bobby!!  Thanks to my Nanny and Bobby's parents for keeping her those 2 days!!

We were supposed to go down to Beaumont on that Thursday night, but with Bobby being in the hospital, that was not happening. Our plan was to be in Beaumont for my brother's graduation on that Saturday. So we played it by ear and luckily Bobby was released around 8:30 Friday morning. He felt good, so we packed and hit the road by 11am! We had a great time in Beaumont with all of my family, celebrating Kendal's graduation! The plan was to come back on Sunday, but when I found out my parents were going to be coming to Dallas the following weekend, I asked Bobby if he would mind if Brenley and I stayed the week with my parents. Being the sweet husband that he is, he said yes! So Brenley and I stayed the whole week in Beaumont relaxing and spending time with my parents and brother. It was wonderful! So then, Bren and I headed back to Dallas on Friday night with my parents and we were so ready to see Bobby and he was so ready to see "his girls"!

Saturday was then filled with many activities - Nephew's soccer game, youngest nephew's bday party, friend's son's bday party, then our friend's bday get together!! Whew! Sunday was church and then a baby shower. Needless to say we were pooped from our week and weekend, but it sure was fun!

Oh and then I have been dealing with an eye allergy/infection for a month now! It started out with my contact really bothering me, so I went to the Dr and discovered I had a bad infection from allergies in both eyes (one worse than the other). So I have been out of my contacts and taking drops for a little over a month now. I went back today for my 4th check up and it is still there but much better, so I can wear my contacts occasionally and still continue my drops. Not fun!

Hopefully our little family is on the mend and things will slow down for us a little bit in the next few weeks. Glad summer is here, but I hate the HOT! Here is to many days in the baby pool (which Brenley hates) :)!


Pics to come from Graduation and our week in Beaumont (that is a hint to my mom to upload and send soon!)

Happy Thursday!!

2 comments:

Rach said...

Love that pic of Brenley!! So, she doesn't like the pool?? That cracks me up that you "hate the HOT!" SO. DO. I! Hope you guys all feel better!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord that Bobby is doing better, infections can be very serious. I'm sure your Mom enjoyed having yall for the week. Glad things are going better.