Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5 Months

This day really snuck on me...I almost forgot it was her 5 month birthday! I really cannot believe this is going by so fast, but everyone did warn me. Brenley is changing and learning new things everyday and some days I cannot believe she is mine! It seems like forever ago that we were in the hospital, but then again it feels like yesterday...wierd. Here are some of her accomplishments at age 5 months!

  • She is ROLLING OVER - both tummy to back and back to tummy. She accomplished the back to tummy first and then started the tummy to back in her sleep.
  • She is SWADDLE FREE! A few weeks ago we found her on her tummy in her swaddle. This scared me so we did away with the swaddle. I was so nervous, but she has done pretty good. That first week had some early morning wake ups, but she is back in her routine!
  • She is still sleeping a good 10-12 hours.
  • We had her 4 month appt and she weighed in at 15lbs 13oz and was almost 25inches long.
  • We started CEREAL! I started her out at 1 tablespoon, but last night she ate almost 3 tablespoons!
  • She is SITTING UP! I think this is kinda early to be doing this, but she is and has gone as long as almost 10 minutues without falling over. Even for her birthday pic I tried to sit her back against the chair and she kept sitting herself up and forward. We practice this new trick everyday!
  • She went on her first DADDY/DAUGHTER date! Mommy went out with some friends and Daddy and Brenley went to Chick-fil-A. The only instruction from Mommy was, NO sweet tea for Brenley!
  • She has been waiting 2-3 days in between poops, so this has caused some pretty BIG diapers...YUCK!
We are having so much fun with our little girl and I pray the next 5 months do not go by as fast as these have. :)



Happy 5 Months, Brenley!!

3 comments:

Rach said...

Happy 5 Months Sweet Brenley! That cracks me up about no sweet tea...we know Bobby loves his sweet tea! :) Hopefully Bren can share her sleep secrets with Pres because this swaddle free thing hasn't been so great here! Love you Brenley!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 months Bren! I can't believe she is already 5 months, that is just crazy to me! She still has the best baby girl hair i've ever seen and the cutest little cheeks! Ahhh she is just adorable! Love you little Bren!

Anonymous said...

Such a doll!!!! I can't believe its been 5 months!!! I love that smiling face...it will brighten up anyone's day!!! Love you Soto family!!!!!