Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Two crazy weekends and some fun in between!

The last 10 days or so have been so fun and SO busy, I feel like I need a day just to get myself together. It all started last weekend when my parents came into town. They got in Thursday night and Brenley and I spent the night at my Nanny's with them so we could get up and go the next day. Friday was filled with shopping, pictures and eating with more family. We met Chris, Kara and the boys for dinner that night to celebrate my Nanny's 88th birthday!

Bobby acting crazy with our nephews

                                             Corbin and Cohen                          Kara and Brenley

Saturday we were supposed to watch the boys play soccer, but their game was rained out. :(, so we just slept later and went to my Nanny's to hang out. That afternoon we ran some errands and went our separate ways for the night (my parent's had a party to go to!).
G-Daddy and his Grand-Daughter

Sunday was Dedication day for sweet Brenley. My family and Bobby's came to our church and we prayed that Bobby and I would be parents that would raise Brenley in a Godly home and that Brenley would come to know the Lord. It was a very sweet time. And you know we had to follow that up with some good ole Mexican food!


Then the family headed home and Brenley and I had to make our way to help host Kristy's baby shower. Kristy and I have been friends since 6th grade so it is so fun and kinda wierd that we are now both mothers! We had a great time showering her and Gage and visiting with friends.
Baby friends - Presley, Whittaker, Brenley and Kennedy

Then the week started and we filled our days and nights hanging with friends, including Corey and Whittaker who were in town from Jasper! I think Bobby, Brenley and I were out every night this week, therefore, Brenley has been way off of her bed time schedule! Here are a few pics from the week!

First time in the jumper!

Sisters!

We met Bobby at work to head to dinner with friends

Friday, Brenley had her 4 month check up and all was perfect. YAY! My "little" girl weighs almost 16 lbs and is in the 80th percentile. :) Then we headed over to Kristy's to hang with Corey and make babyfood! Corey has a great babyfood maker and we made 5+ ice trays full of peas, green beans, pears, apples and sweet potatos. Brenley is gonna love it! OH and she had her first taste of cereal this weekend too and she did so good. I think I will have a good eater on my hands. 


Saturday I attended the Beth Moore simulcast at our church and it was SOO good. Bobby had to work that day so Gigi, Jualito and Aunt Rena (Bobby's parents and sister) kept her all day and she did great! We came home changed our clothes, breathed for a minute and then headed to Kristy's (again) to celebrate Andy's 30th birthday. It was a fun night with good friends eating lots of food, playing washers, taking care of babies and girl talk/boy poker!


That brings us to today and we are TIRED! Although Brenley slept great last night and even took a 2 hour nap today...I know she was tired! I hope this week slows down just a bit, but we sure did have a good time with everyone!! Thank you Lord for good friends and family!

2 comments:

Rach said...

What a fun and busy week! I'm so glad we got to be a part of it! I'm so jealous of the baby food making party! Wish we could have come! Yea for baby dedications...we can't wait to dedicate both our kids! Hope to see you again soon!

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

I like that you call Polo Brenley's sister. We always did the same thing and actually O calls Delia "sister" now. The only thing is we've been trying to ask him if he is interested in having a baby brother or sister and he always replies, "No, I have a sister!" I'm glad he loves her!