Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Catch Up

Well I have been neglecting the blog for a bit, but it is time to get back in the groove of things and catch everyone up on the last month or so. Well since my last post I had my birthday, we went to Las Vegas, hung out with family for the 4th and Bobby started his Doctoral program.

Birthday -- this year I turned 28 (on the 20th) and I had a very fun birthday in Vegas with my man! We left on Friday the 19th and came back on Monday the 22nd. We decided on this trip, since we have been before, that we would go to Vegas and RELAX. We did not want to fill all of our time with shopping, shows and sightseeing. We did do some of that, but there were many hours of sleeping in, sunbathing by the pool and EATING! We stayed at the Wynn and it was wonderful! On my actual birthday morning I had an "Expecting Mother" massage and it was A-MAZING! Then we spent the afternoon by the pool and shopping. Later that night we had dinner at the hotel's steak restatraunt and it was so yummy! Then last minute we decided to go and see a magic show. It was a great birthday weekend!!! Oh and then the day after we got back we got some of our friends together to celebrate at Johnny Carinos...mmm!


By the pool - ahhh!


Out and about


Birthday Cheesecake!

Just us


Bobby on the strip


Us at the Wynn

Heather, me and Kristy (and Heather's kids)



The girls!

For the fourth we had a great time with my side of the family (minus my dad - we missed him!) My mom and younger brother drove up on Friday and we hung out with my older brother, Kara and my 4 nephews. Friday night we went to Roanoke to enjoy a $2 Dickey's BBQ dinner, games and fireworks! Saturday was spent with my mom shopping around and then that night we hung out in Cedar Hill and saw fireworks in Duncanville. Unfortunetly I have no pictures of that weekend - my mom took them all. :( It was fun though!!


On Saturday the 4th, yes the actual holiday, Bobby started his first two classes of his Doctoral program! He will be getting his PhD in Leadership from DBU. His first two classes were a week long mini-term, meaning he was in class Saturday the 4th and then Monday through today (8-5). Luckily they got out early today and he is napping on the couch, as I type. He is wiped!!! So here begins his 3 year course work journey, then his dissertation (however long that takes) and then Ican call him Dr. Babe, I mean Dr. Soto. :) I am so proud of him and even though he has some tough years ahead of him, I know he can do it! Pray for him that he will be diligent in his course work and learn how to prioritize his time, especially when the baby comes!!!


Speaking of baby, I need to take another belly pic (hopefully tonight). I am 18 weeks and starting to feel little kicks. So amazing! We find out the gender on the 22nd. YAY!! I hope to get better at posting more about the pregnancy.


All and all, our little family is doing great and hopes yours is too!!

2 comments:

Shara said...

Yay, thanks for the update! You look FABULOUS!! Can't wait to find out if you'll be shopping for pink or blue! :) FYI, when you start shopping for baby furniture, go to USA Baby - we got our crib, changing table and glider there. GREAT selection! Also, buy the book "Baby Bargains" - it made buying and registering for baby stuff SO much more simple!

CC said...

Kim, Hey! I just read that Bobby is starting his PhD - Barry is starting to write his dissertation so I know what you're about to start! I'll be praying for y'all as your starting your family and the PhD program! Congrats on both accounts!