Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pregnancy Announcement Stories (about 2 months late)

I just realized that I never really blogged about how we found out we were pregnant and how we told some of our friends and family. So here is a little recap...

Bobby and I found out on April 2nd. It was a Thursday night and we had gone out to dinner. During dinner I was just not as hungry as usual and I felt a little nauseous. While we were at dinner, I thought to myself, "hmm maybe I should take a test when I get home." I didn't say anything to Bobby because we took a few tests the months before and had some disappointment, so I didn't want to get his hopes up. So we got home and he decided to take Polo for a walk. As he was walking out the door, I was taking the test. Within a couple of minutes, I saw 2 faint lines and almost fell over. I immediately called Bobby (who was just a couple of houses down) and told him he needed to come back. He was very confused but came back. When he walked in the door I pointed at the table where I had laid the test and he got a huge smile on his face. I questioned him to see if I was seeing things or not. He said the lines were pretty light and wondered whether it was accurate or not. So, told him we needed to go to the store and get some digital tests. So we did and sure enough, the words "pregnant" came up. I was so happy and jumping up and down. He was excited but not 100% convinced. Ha! We still called my parents (well after sending them a picture text of the pregnancy tests) and told them the news. I took another one the next morning and called the Dr. to make an appt. They would not be able to get me in until Monday. Sunday we wanted to tell my Nanny but Bobby was still nervous, so we bought another test on the way to church and I took it at church! LOL! And then I got to whisper in his ear that it was indeed positive. So that afternoon we went over to my Nanny's and told her. Man, was she so excited!! She had always warned us that she would not live to see our child if we did not "hurry up!!" :)

That Monday I went to the doctor and they confirmed everything and FINALLY Bobby believed it! That night we invited his parents and sister over and told them. They were very excited as well. After that we were finally able to tell his brothers, my brothers, and extended family. After a couple of weeks we began to tell friends and co-workers. It was such a fun experience to tell everyone.

Here are a few pics of how we told people...



All positive!


Nanny reading the poem we wrote her (see below)

This truly shows her excitement (I love this pic!)


The poem (enlarge to read)


Ok, so we stole this idea from a couple at our church and decided I would tell his family I needed an updated pic of them. When they all got settled, I said "1, 2, 3, WE'RE PREGNANT!". It was meant to catch their first expressions to the news but in the first pic all of them just continued to smile as normal. I finally said it again...WE'RE PREGNANT and this was the captured response! :)


We told my brother, Chris and his wife, Kara on Easter Sunday. Kara had given me (well really hidden it in our guest closet) one of Cohen's (their youngest) diapers soon after he was born, that read "To Baby Soto - my future cousin". So we wrapped it up and gave it to them for Easter!
I am so thankful that God has blessed us and entrusted us with this child! We are enjoying this pregnancy journey and cannot wait to meet our little baby!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Kim, those stories are so fun! I love the 1,2,3 "We're pregnant!" idea. And I got teary about your Nanny. My Nanny never got to see my kids, or even Curtis, but I'm happy that yours will get to hold your little bundle. I'm excited for you! Can't wait to know what you're having!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, what AWESOME couple did you get the picture idea from??? I love your stories, isn't it SO fun and exciting to tell everyone!?? Love you girl!

The Ward Family said...

Thanks for sharing your story! It's so great how you told everyone. I love the photos! Good thinking because with the photos you'll remember it forever. I'm praying for baby Soto and mommy. God is so gracious and we're truly blessed. Welcome to the mommy team!!

Janelle and Ella said...

AHhhh! Kim...these are the sweetest stories! I love the poem to your Nanny. Y'all did good.