Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A heavy heart...

Where do I even begin...my mind has a million things running through it right now. Lately, it seems that tragic news has been hitting me from all different directions. First a few weeks ago, I heard that a a girl I knew from my church (she has since moved away) was diagnosed with cancer, pretty much in her whole body. To make matters worse, she is a thirty year old mother, of a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and newborn. In fact, that is how they discovered the cancer...when she was having some complications and they decided to take the baby early. She is now in the process of chemotherapy and numerous doctors visits. I was not super close to her, but her story just saddens me so much and I just hate this for her and her family.

Not two days later, I got an email from my mom telling me that a long time family friend was also diagnosed with cancer. Her name is Robyn and she is only 25! Her mom and my mom grew up across the street from one another for years and have kept in touch all of this time. So of course as kids, we played together. She was diagnosed when she had some pain in her shoulder, later to discover it was a blood clot. After numerous tests, they found cancer in her intestines and now possibly in her lungs. The updates we receive are not looking positive, but we continue to pray for God to heal her as only He can do!

THEN, on Monday I arrive at work and quickly receive the news that one of my former co-workers passed away over the weekend. He was invovled in a motorcycle accident on Saturday and died on Sunday due to head injuries. He was 35 and a father of 2 kids. Even though he was a former co-worker and we had not worked together for over a year, he had an impact on everyone he worked with. Brent was the life of the party wherever he went and you would never forget his smile and laugh. In fact, me and two of my other co-workers had just had lunch with him about 5 months ago! I can even remember him telling me he was going to get a motorcycle and I told him, "Brent, you don't need one of those, they are dangerous." Well, today was the funeral and it was so sad! The church was packed with so many friends and family. His Pastor, cousin, boss and best friend all spoke. His best friend's speech really did everyone in. In it he said, "Please make sure you always tell or ask your friends whatever is on your mind, cause you never know when it will be the last time you have the chance." That will make you think...

So anyway--that is what is on my mind tonight. My heart is heavy. Sometimes this life is not fun, but I know I have a better one to look forward to one day! I challenge you today to be thankful for your family, thankful for your friends and thankful for your health...we are not promised any of them.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I pray God will fill your heart with peace and comfort tonight, my friend.

Deborah said...

I've been keeping up with Kristy and Chuck's CAre Page. It is so sad. I wish that they lived here, so that I could help in some way. I am so sorry about your family friend. BUT, there is always hope found in our God of Healing. I will keep her in my prayers, along with your co-workers family.

I understand about having a heavy heart. Sometimes, it's just too much, and all you can do is just ask WHY? God knows, and understands everything we are going through. Just keep going to Him with your prayers. HE will give you strenght, comfort and peace.

The Self Cottage said...

i feel so bad i haven't read your blog in a while...when you emailed me about Robyn I was so sad. Praying that He would be near to you! Love, L