Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pinch me, I think I am ten again!

This past Sunday night, I traveled back in time to 1991 and got to experience one of the greatest concerts I have ever been too! I waited 16 years for this and it was well worth the wait! I am talking about, none other than, New Kids On the Block!! That's right, blog readers, I went to the NKOTB concert and it was AWESOME!! I got two, last minute, tickets from my sweet mother-in-law, Sherry (her company owns a suite that had available tickets) and acted like a child when I found out I could have them! So, my best friend, Kristy and I went, and had the best time ever! We sang and screamed our little hearts out and I am pretty sure Joey, looked and pointed right at me! (ok, maybe not, but a girl can dream, right?)

They sang all of their great hits and some of their new stuff too! When I say hits, I mean all the good ones, girls. You know, Right Stuff, Hangin Tough, Step by Step, Please Don't Go Girl, Forever, Cover Girl and Tonight!!! And don't think I didn't remember every word...you bet I did! AND they still got the moves!! I think Kristy and I were the only ones who obeyed what the ticket said, and didn't bring our cameras in, but I thought I would "borrow" some pics from my friend Whitney's facebook...hope you don't mind Whit!
You got the Right Stuff, baby

They did a couple of songs from this stage in the middle of the arena -- can you believe a girl actually threw her bra up there? (I hope I can get it back -- totally kidding! ha)


See, I told you Joey was pointing at me!

Sing it Jordan!

They still got it!

P.S. Mom-I am no longer bitter that I never went to their concert when I was ten. Good things come to those who wait!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

How funny!!!! You are so cute! I got so excited just reading your blog! Too fun!! :)

Rach said...

Ha ha, you crack me up! Would you hate me if I said I don't know any of their songs??!! Ok, maybe Right Stuff, but that's about it! I was a sheltered child! Glad you guys had fun!

dee Clayton said...

Seeeee Kim...... it was just a matter of time- Glad you are "over" not going when you were 10
I was not sleeping at night knowing that you were missing that one important element in your childhood xoxox

Reneau said...

Please don't go girl, you would ruin my whole world. Tell me you'll stay, never ever go away!

I put this song on Josiah's ipod and he has a fit every time it comes on! I love it too!