Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Please pray with me...

A few posts ago, I mentioned my family friend, Robyn, who is 25 and was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. She has had 2 rounds of chemo and had a CT scan yesterday to see if the chemo is working. They met with her doctor today to discuss the results. Here is what her website journal (that her brother updates) had to say...

We met today with Robyn’s doctor. It was a hard meeting. He is not encouraged with the cancer’s response to the chemotherapy. Robyn’s lungs are not improving and seem to be covered with tumors which are allowing fluid to continuously leak into them. The tumors in the lymph nodes of her chest and arms are not shrinking and so the fluid has been unable to drain from her body. We have decided to go ahead with a third dose of chemotherapy which will be done this weekend if Robyn’s vital signs are stable. Robyn will also have to have a tracheostomy placed. This is a tube that will go through the front part of her neck directly into her trachea. This will allow her to be on the ventilator without having a tube in her mouth. This will be a tricky surgery because of the swelling around her neck. Robyn’s doctor is not very optimistic about this third round of chemo. It is pretty much a last ditch effort to save her. At this point she is stuck in a position physically where she is not really improving or deteriorating. It is not a place that she can stay forever. This is all still very surreal for our family. Your continued prayers are appreciated as we try to comprehend all of this and make wise decisions for Robyn.

So as you can see, Robyn and her family need your prayers more than ever!! Please pray for...

1. Robyn, that she will be comfortable and not scared during all of this. And she will fight with all that she has.
2. Her family (her parents, 2 brothers and a sister) -- for comfort, peace, rest and as much time as they can spend with Robyn
3. Her healing -- if it is God's will, He will heal her body!
4. That something good will come out of all of this.

Thanks friends!

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Kim, I am so heartbroken for you and this family!! I'm so sorry! I got the same sickening feeling when I read this as I get every single time I read an email from John on Kristi. It's sad times we live in right now!

Amanda D said...

Kim,
A little 'out of the blue' note: This is heartbreaking...I have been trying to keep up with this family through friends I know that have blogs and that also know her family; then I saw your post a few days ago. My family, myself and our church has them in our prayers.I will be trying to keep our pastor updated so thanks for the info. I hope you are doing well. Have a good holiday season!