Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The cows can take over from here...

Well, all the nursing bras, tanks, hooter hiders, boppy pillow and pumps are put away...yep, she has officially been weaned.

Very bittersweet -- bfeeding and I had a love/hate relationship. :) Those first 2 weeks of Brenley's life I thought it was going to get the best of me and I thought it was all I was going to do for the rest of my life. But day by day it got better and less time consuming/painful and became a special time for me and my girl. Although there were days I wanted to give up, I stuck to it and I am glad I did. I had hoped to make it to 12 months, but Bobby and I are taking a little trip to Florida, without Brenley, and lets just say, I was not going to carry around a pump while I was there!! So 10 months it was!

She is doing great with a bottle and so is mommy!

Until the next baby...

(p.s. no pictures for this blog! :))

2 comments:

Amanda said...

WELL DONE, sister! Nursing is really hard work. You can be proud of what you did and know that you gave your daughter a great gift. Enjoy your trip with Bobby. You deserve it! If you feel a little wacky for a couple weeks, know that weaning messes with your hormones. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! By the way...hilarious title!! :)