Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8 Months

My Brenley Bear is 8 months old today!! She is getting so big, so fast! If I think back to December 11th and picture that sweet, tiny newborn, it is crazy to me that she just layed there and now 8 short months later, she is crawling, pulling up and getting into everything!! Even as I type this, she is trying to crawl over my legs to get to the laptop and bang on the keys! Babies change and grow and learn so much in the first year of their life!

Here are a new things that Brenley is doing at 8 months of age...
  • She knows her name and will turn around when she is called. But now we know that when she does not turn around, she is ignoring us! :)
  • She is officially CRAWLING everywhere! And she is getting fast too! This makes our days a lot more interesting.
  • She is PULLING UP - on anything she can get her little hands on. This also means she falling and hitting her head on things also -- this of course makes mommy and daddy sad!
  • She got her FIRST HAIRCUT! It was not much, just a little snip, but it needed to be cleaned up a little. :)
  • She hears the words "NO-NO" a lot during the days as she tries to get into things that are dangerous or as my Nanny says are "none of her business" :)
  • She has tried some new foods like blueberries, watermelon, potatos and cheese. Oh and ice cream and Sweet tea! :)
  • We moved her mattress down since she is now pulling up! I love to see her standing in her bed with a huge grin in the morning and after her naps.
  • She is enjoying the summer swimming and visiting friends!!
  • She still nurses 4x a day and eats a fruit and cereal in the morning, and a veggie/fruit in the evening. She likes to drink water from her sippy cup too!
  • She is still sleeping great -- about 11 hours!

I love this little girl more and more everyday and she has changed our lives forever! I hate that she is having some "stranger anxiety", but I do LOVE that she reaches back for me and gets excited to see me! This next month will have some changes as I start my part time job at Hillcrest church as a Mothers day out teacher and she starts in her class, but I think we will both enjoy it! Each month is more and more fun and exciting!

I love you Brenley Marie!!!

8 Months!!

Tired of the photo shoot!

Just thought this was cute -- I guess she wanted to do her laundry! :)

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

She looks so grown up in the pictures!!! Glad you guys came over last weekend, it was great to see you!

Rach said...

Happy Birthday Brenley Bear!!! Hud and I were sitting here looking at your blog, and he saw her pic and said, "Awwwww, Brenley!" :) She is such a sweetie!