Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 12, 2010

7 Months

Really, I think this has been the fastest 7 months of my life! This little girl keeps up busy, entertained and on our toes at all times, but we would not have it any other way. I can honestly agree with each mom out there, that each month does get better and more fun! It is so crazy to me how much they grow and learn in the first year of life.

Here are some of Brenley Marie's milestones of month 7:

  • Baby food is in full swing and she has tried many things! Some that we introduced in the past month are squash, prunes, peaches, blueberries and apricots. We have also given her Gerber puffs (which she loves), refried beans, the occastional ice cream bite -- shhh dont tell the Dr! :)
  • She is ON THE MOVE! She has been semi-mobile for about a month now, but just in the last couple of weeks, she is really making improvement and can make it across the room before I know it. She takes about 4-6 real crawls and then will fall on her tummy and scoot. I can't say I am really ready for this, but I dont think I have a choice.
  • She is very interested in Polo and Polo's bone -- however, I am not sure Polo enjoys the attention!
  • She BOUNCED TO MUSIC! She has only done this once, but it was so cute and surprised us all when she did it. My mom was playing a musical toy for her and she just started bouncing - on beat. So cute and funny!
  • Had her 6 month check up -- She has gained 9 lbs and grown 5 1/2 inches since birth!
  • She can sit back up from the crawl position. This surprised Bobby and I one night, when she was on her tummy one minute and sitting back up the next!
  • She moved up to the crawler room in our nursery at church! She loves this room so much better than the infant room. :)
  • Watched fireworks on the fourth of July!
  • Still nursing 4 times a day and has cereal in the morning and a veggie and fruit at dinner time.
  • Sleeps 11-12 hours a night with 2 naps (1 hr each) during the day! However, 2 days last week she slept til 10am (13 hours), but I think she was exhausted from her fun with Nana-D!
She is really fun right now and I LOVE to hear that giggle! She plays so well and loves when her Daddy comes home! I think this month is going to be interesting as she is getting more mobile, but I love how each day is different!



This face cracked me up!!

Happy 7 months baby girl! We love you!!



2 comments:

Rach said...

Happy 7 Months Brenley Bear!!! She is so cute! Reading your blog makes me a little nervous because I know Presley is not too far behind and I'm not ready for her to be mobile yet!!! What a big girl!!!

C:M:W said...

CUTE POSTS, IT IS CRAZY HOW FAST THEY GROW!