Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 30, 2009

12 Weeks...

Yep, 12 weeks! It seems like it is going pretty fast, but I am sure as I get bigger and it gets hotter, I will not feel that way for much longer. Things are going great and we had another Dr. appt. yesterday. We got to hear the heartbeat again and it was 166 bpm!

I have been feeling pretty good these days. I would say weeks 8-11 were my hardest, but compared to some girls, I think am pretty lucky. I dealt with some "evening" nausea and occasional sickness, and of course exhaustion, but I would say my worst symptom has been a few migranes. I had one a week for about 3 weeks straight. Not fun, but hopefully those are behind me.

Hearing the heartbeat yesterday made it even more real and made Bobby and I excited all over again!! In 6 months we will have a little baby in our house...CRAZY!

What else...oh my clothes are not fitting anymore, but I am not big enough to fit in most maternity. So, this makes the bella band my bff. Umm, I still feel tired a lot at the end of the day, and I am still always hungry! :) -- I think Bobby is tired of hearing the phrases, "I need to go the bathroom (again)" and "I am hungry". His responses are either "What's new!" or "ALREADY?!" HA!

Our next appt. will be at the end of June and then we find out the gender in July -- YAY! I am very excited about the next few months ahead!! Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Reneau said...

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! This is all so great! I remember going through all of this just last year! I can't believe you are 12 weeks! Congrats!!! You are well on your way! I need to see you soon! If I can get signed up for that darn reunion, I will see you there! But hopefully before then!

Justin and Tiffany said...

CONGRATS!!!

tiffany

C:M:W said...

I love my Bella Band, I still use it and I am at 30 weeks.... it is so comfy!!!!! Hearing the heartbeat is one of my favorite parts of going to the dr. besides being able to see the little man!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! How exciting! I can't wait to see pics of a little Soto baby!

Dylan and Christina said...

How exciting! Do you have a "feeling" about the gender? I was sure I was having a girl from the beginning. And just fyi - Madison's heart rate was in the upper 160s too, which is pretty high they told me. I have had other friends who were pregnant with girls and their babies had fast heart rates like that. Not sure if it is just another old wives tale, but could be a sign! :) Hope you are feeling well!

Shara said...

Yay, only two more trimesters to go!! Hopefully you'll get your energy back soon; the second trimester was my favorite because I felt so good. Use all that energy to work out, girl - it really does help you get through those last tough weeks! (And it makes you feel much better about eating nothing but chocolate covered donuts and milk weeks 40 & 41 if you're like me, lol!) :)

The Lowery's said...

Kim that is such awesome news. Isn't it amazing to hear the heart beat? We heard ours for the first time yesterday!! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care.