Brenley has changed our lives and sometimes I can't fathom how much I love her. Now I would be lying if I said it was easy or fun all the time, but I would not trade her for anything. I look at her sometimes and cannot believe that she is a part of me and Bobby. Oh I wish she would stay small forever!
Here are just a few things I love about being a mommy...
- that I get greeted with a smile in the mornings! (This can make any "non-morning" persons day!)
- that sometimes when she is crying she just wants ME to hold her
- that she recognizes my voice and will turn her head to me when she hears it
- that she will grin from ear to ear just from hearing me say "HIIII"
- being able to kiss her cheeks any time I want to
- getting to tell people her name and/or age when they ask (dumb, I know, but it reminds me that she is MINE)
- hearing this from my husband (and partner in this parenting-thing) right before he fell asleep tonight-- "Thanks for being the best mommy to Brenley, I appreciate it and so does she!"
P.S. and to all my Mommy-to-be friends out there---enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, write your thoughts and memories down. Try to soak up everything in the hospital and the weeks that follow, even though you will be so tired, AND reminisce often. :)