Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 11, 2010

3 Months!!

Brenley Bear is 3 months old today -- I can't believe it! Part of me is so ready for her to be bigger and sitting up, etc, but then another (huge) part of me wants her to stay small!! I know all mothers feel this way and I have been told by so many to cherish these moments of her being small. Today I had a moment that I will cherish forever. Early this afternoon, she was being really fussy and I could tell she was just tired, so I was holding and bouncing her around and she finally fell asleep. I tried to lay her down on the couch about 3 times and she cried every time so I just decided to hold her. I had turned off the TV and radio and was just sitting in silence with my baby girl as I watched her sleep. I started praying different things for her and reminising about her birth, etc. It was a very special moment that I hope I remember forever!

Like I said. she is 3 months old today and she is growing so much everyday! I am guessing she is probably 13-14 lbs now -- my little "chunk"! Here are a few things she is doing at 3 months...

  • Sleeping 10-12 hours at night! I know, I am counting my blessings. I put her down about 9pm and she gets up between 8 and 9am. Every night I wonder if this will be the night she converts back and wakes up every 3 hours. I will be ready if she does. :)
  • Eating 5 times in a 24 hour period. I cut out her 10:30-11pm feeding and she still sleeps great. So I feed her for the last time at 8 or 830pm and put her down. I love this because it gives Bobby and I some time to just relax together - OR go to be EARLY!!
  • She loves to smile and does at almost anyone who smiles at her.
  • She is starting to giggle, but has only done it a few times. Yesterday; however, while stuck in traffic, my Nanny had her giggling so hard. It was awesome!
  • She takes a "real" nap around 10am and 4pm everyday in her crip, in her swaddle. These last about 1 hour. She also takes some cat naps in her bouncy seat around noon and 6ish.
  • She does not like her tummy time too much, but I make her do it atleast once a day.
  • She is starting to grab her blanket and sometimes her toys.
  • She looks like she is getting close to rolling over from her back to her front. I know it will scare her when she does. :)
  • Her favorite songs are "The wheels on the bus", "Patty Cake" and "This little piggy" - I get huge smiles on these!

She is so fun to be with everyday and I would not trade it for anything! I love the sunny weather and cannot wait to start going on walks everyday! Here are a few pics from the today and then her birthday pic!


Daddy came home for lunch!


Playing on my toy mat


My BALD spot :(


3 Months!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Love it!! What a big girl! I can't believe she is sleeping 10-12 hours!! That is awesome! I get a 10-hour randomly! Ready for consistency! Poor little bald spot...Pres has one too! I hope to see Bren soon...Pres wants to see her friend again, and so does her Mom! :)

C:M:W said...

Cutie Batootie!

Anonymous said...

Adorable...I just love those pics in her bloomers!!! Happy 3 months Brenley!!!!

Kara Clayton said...

So cute!!! We need to get together again sometime soon, I now know what it feels like to be the one who can't believe how much they grow each time! :-)