Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 Months

ONE YEAR!! One full YEAR since this little girl changed my life! I cannot even wrap my head around the fact that it has been a year because it has flown by so fast, but on the other hand if I think back to certain memories, they seem like forever ago. Very strange. But the hospital, delivery and bringing her home are so fresh in my mind and I pray they never leave!

This year has been so fun, yet so hard...so rewarding, yet so challenging. I have learned so much about being UNselfish in the last year. It really is ALL about Brenley and her needs and that was hard for this Momma to learn. (i.e. I love my sleep!) But when I look at that sweet face and see those hands reach out for me, it is ALL SO WORTH IT! Ok, before I start crying, let's get to the fun stuff...here is what my "baby" is doing these days...

  • SHE IS WALKING! Early in the month she was just doing a few steps at a time, but over Thanksgiving she started toddling around everywhere. Not much crawling anymore for this gal!
  • She got two more TEETH! So she officially has 8 teeth now.
  • She said 2 WORDS-- "Dadu" = thank you (must be prompted and will only do occasionally), and "uh oh"
  • LOVES on her baby -- she will rock it, hug it and pat it. Funny thing is, we did not teach her how to do this. Love how the Lord instills this in little girls.
  • She has started HUGGING us when we pick her up and I love it.
  • Met SANTA for the second time (the first time she was just 5 days old) and was not scared! :)
  • She is drinking COW'S MILK and did great with the transition. She is also done with bottles and has moved to sippy cups only. She did this pretty much on her own.
  • She starting to take longer naps -- Thank you Lord. They will last 1 1/2- 2 hrs at home and she takes one in the morning and one in the afternoon. She is also sleeping about 11-12 hours a night!
  • She is eating pretty much everything, although she recently started spitting out vegetables. Might need to pull out some tricks!

Well I think that is about it. We are having so much fun with this little girl. She is the highlight of her Daddy's day! Can't wait to see what this next year holds!


P.S. We had her party and it was chaotic fun! Bobby's cousin took pictures of it, so once she sends them I will dedicate a whole post to her party!

1 comment:

dee Clayton said...

Sweet Girl growing so big !!