Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 26, 2010

What's been goin on...

Things are going great in the Soto house. I finally feel like I am getting the hang of this "mommy" thing (although it is still an ongoing learning process) and am even starting to get a routine in place. Brenley is sleeping SO GREAT (8-10 hours a night), so it definitely makes me feel alive everyday! Just this past week I have tried to get her on a napping schedule. She can be the ultimate "cat napper" and I think I figured out why. I was letting her just fall asleep whenever in her bouncy seat and she would just wake up after only 20-30 minutes. I think she was doing this because she would hear things in the house or startle herself with her arm movements, so I decided to start swaddling her and putting her in her crib for her naps -- and WHALA! - she now sleeps for 1-2 1/2 hrs in her crib twice a day! (9am and 3pm) I am glad because I know she needs the rest and I need the quiet and productive time! :)

She is also eating really well and if you have seen her lately then you can tell - she never misses a meal. She could pack a gallon of milk in those cheeks! :) Her smile makes me fall more in love with her everyday and Nanna-D even got her to do her first giggle last weekend. (she has yet to do it again -- I guess I do not have the touch) :(

We also made another trip to Beaumont last week (this time with Daddy and Polo) and had a great time just hanging with my family. It went by way to fast though!

OHHH - and I officially resigned from my job last week! It was a very bittersweet time writing that letter because I love the people I have worked with for the last 6 years, but I am so excited to get to stay home with Brenley!! We have been enjoying our days at home and running around town. She is such a good girl and I am truly thankful that I can stay at home with her.
Bobby and Polo are doing well also. I think Polo is still a little confused as to why this little human is still in "her" house, but she will learn eventually! :)

I think that is it for now...I will leave you with a few sweet pictures! Happy Weekend everyone!

The Soto Family of 4

My little Valentine!

Daddy reading to his girl...he is so great at this!

1 comment:

The Ward Family said...

Kim, you're doing a great job. Being a mom is the most rewarding and hardest jobs ever. Brenley is precious and sounds like she's doing really great. Keep taking as many pictures as possible because this time quickly passes and I know you want to remember all of it. Love you friend!