Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 3, 2009

5 Years...

*UPADATE* Rachel uploaded a few of our pics to her blog, so click on the link below for alittle sneak peek!
This past Friday, Bobby and I celebrated our 5 year Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 5 years since we said our "I Dos", but it excites me to know how far along we have come in the last few years. Sometimes I miss those days when we were first married and living in our 3rd floor apartment, but other times, I am so happy where we are now and where we are going. I never thought we would have waited 5 years to have a baby, but I know we will be so grateful we have had this "alone" time together.

This weekend we celebrated by having dinner at Javier's in Dallas on Friday night. On Saturday we had our Maternity/5 year/family pics done by our friend Rachel. We had a great time taking the pictures and I will post some one once I get them. Later that afternoon, Bobby and I went to the Dallas World Aquarium. We then had Chipotle for dinner and checked into a hotel near Northpark mall. We figured we would just get away for the night and enjoy a little R&R. Lets just say I was an awesome wife and hung out in the hotel with Bobby while he watched a college football game for three hours. :) One good thing was we left during halftime and got some Pumpkin Cheesecake to go from the Cheesecake Factory. YUM! (Side note--Pumpkin Cheesecake is just a little taste of heaven. If you have not tried it then you should and hurry because it is only available Oct-Nov). We slept in today and enjoyed breakfast in our room!

Here is where it all began...awww

5 years later--Dinner at Javiers

At the aquarium

Chocolate covered strawberries and Sparkling Cider in our hotel

A toast to many more years!

The glorious Pumpkin Cheesecake - delish!



It was a great weekend with my man and I look forward to many more - of course in the future we will need to find a babysitter. :)

3 comments:

The Ward Family said...

Kim, the pictures Rachel took are precious. I think they're perfect. I love the one with Brenley's name spelled out with the blocks in front of you and Bobby. I'm so excited for you. You're going to be a great mom.

Anonymous said...

Kim, the pics are FAB! I love them so much and can't wait to see more!! Happy Anniversary too, looks like y'all had a blast! :)

Janae Gibson said...

She did such a good job!! She is doing ours too!