Age ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Black Hole

Well, people, I don't know what I am going to do with her. Polo, our puppy, has done it again. She has managed to tear something else up in our house in the blink of an eye. Here is the newest blog-worthy incident...

So, I am on the computer in the office waiting for Bobby to get home from work and all of a sudden I hear a faint "thud". (Side note--Ususally, when I am on the computer I have to get up every 5 minutes or so and see what Polo is up to. I guess I had let that 5 mintues go a little longer than intended.) So, I hear the "thud" and immediately think, "what now?". I walk into the living room and Polo is no where to be found. I start to call her name and hear another "thud". I now know she is under the couch. I have found her under there a lot lately and she is ususally up to nothing good under there...meaning she has been working on tearing a small hole in the material underneath the couch (you know, the black material that covers up the springs and stuff). Soo--I look under the couch, ready to grab her and I don't see her!! I hear her, but I don't see her! I go and get a flashlight and discover that she has crawled through, what is now a "big" hole and is inside the couch! Not literally in the springs, but in the black material (which is now drooping down to the ground!). The thud I was hearing was her hitting her head on the wood panels underneath the springs! So I try to grab her and she scoots further into the couch. I am trying to use my "sweet" voice to soothe her out, but no luck! After almost 5 mintues of trying to pull her head, ear, paw, leg, neck, etc, I almost give up...AND I am almost in tears because I am starting to get nervous! Finally, I decide to bribe her out. I get a dog biscuit (which she knows as a "cookie") and lead her out by pulling the cookie closer and closer to the me. Once I had her out, she got in major trouble and NO she did not get the cookie!!

Bobby gets home and thinks the whole thing is kinda funny, which now I sort of agree, but it was not funny at the time. We lifted up the couch to survey the damage and discovered we were not able to just staple the material back together. She had EATEN the material. So we had to be ghetto and just cover the whole with some material (aka - an old T-shirt) for now. Here are some pics and a video to document the experience.

Proof that I don't make this stuff up...

IN the couch!

Don't let that sweet face fool you!


The damage

The ghetto solution

Hey, I had to be a little creative!

7 comments:

Shara said...

Oh my gosh!!! You've got your hands FULL, girl! It's a good thing she doesn't live close enought to Dodger to teach him her "tricks!" Oh, oh, oh, I can only imagine...

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

yikes! isn't being a parent fun? tiff

Reneau said...

The video is sooooooo funny! I love seeing her little eyes every once in a while....Oh, does this remind me of my little yorkies!! Sable is constantly under the couch and hardly can get out. She has to lay on her side, and use her legs in double time to pull herself out!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

i'm laughing so hard right now! her little face ... she knows she's in trouble! :) little stinker.

dee Clayton said...

Girl...... What will she do next-
It's an adventure huh?
That is really too funny-
She looks sooo innocent and adorable--

Anonymous said...

OMG, I cannot even get over little Polo. She is such a smart puppy, ours are WAY too big for this, but would never think of it! You REALLY have your hands FULL!!! Good thing she is so darn CUTE!!!!

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, that is hysterical! You crack me up! "Polo, get out!" What a stinker!